Calling all History Buffs and English Experts
What if we told you that the days of simply regurgitating the dates of centuries old wars are replaced in your lesson plan with the concepts, the causes, and the consequential changes that emanated from those world events - the meaty stuff that really engages students? Inside your classroom your students are not just reading books, they are authoring their own novels! That your afternoon lessons are not spent diagramming sentences and instead you are teaching how language plays out through sound and music lyrics? And that our schools are places where students partner with their teachers, who equally mentor them in their learning journey? Curious?
Welcome to Fusion Academy, we have been waiting for you! Our education model of one student to one teacher is unlike any other. Our spirited and talented teachers provide life-changing educational experiences to middle and high school students through our personalized approach to education. Our educators are committed to students realizing their academic potential and their emotional and social growth.
We are currently seeking History Buffs and English Experts! Who else the holds the titles of verb virtuoso, excellent enunciator, super storyteller, world war wizard, government guru, and economics expert? Don't be humble, you know you are crazy talented! And we do too!
Come join a team where your knowledge will flourish and grow, your enthusiasm and passion for learning will be contagious, and your heart will be inspired by inquisitive and exceptional students and equally talented peers.
Love. Motivate. Teach is the bedrock of Fusion Academy. We care about kids plain and simple. We listen to them, we encourage them, and we mentor them toward acquiring surefootedness. And that is when magic happens. When they are engaged and sure of themselves, they learn. Our approach is possible and successful because of its simplicity: One teacher to one student. When you join Fusion, you change kids' lives, one lesson at a time.
Our campuses are small by design with 50 to 75 students enrolled. The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Every campus is unique and so too are our teachers. Just like our students, we accept you for who you are. Uniqueness is our normal.
We welcome applicants from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversify Fusion.
You will have a real impact. Don't take our word for it, take our parents words.
When you join Fusion, you will be:
- Welcomed by an inspiring group of teachers to an inclusive campus
- Onboarded by a committed group of trainers
- Supported by a campus team of enthusiastic education leaders
- Bolstered by a national education team of pros
- Impressed by a vast library of trainings and modules
- Befriended by like-minded/ purposed professionals
- Propelled by engaging professional development opportunities
Your days will look like:
- Providing a student centered, supportive classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking.
- Addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student through Fusion's differentiated approach.
- Teaching middle and high school students one-to-one in the areas of English Composition, Literature, Language Arts, World and U.S. History, Government, and Economics at grade levels 6-12.
- Listening to students, peers, and managers to develop and support meaningful learning journeys.
- Adapting differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Fusing the academic and social and emotional objectives into engaging lessons.
- Fostering trust with your students, peers, and campus leadership team.
- Mentoring students to be lifelong learners and leaders.
- Developing and nurturing genuine, positive, and consistent communication with parents.
- Contributing to and benefitting from the campus community.
- Practicing professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection, and continuous improvement.
- Maintaining complete and accurate records of student progress.
- Creating a schedule that works best for you and your students.
- Bringing your best self and being the best you!
What you will bring to Fusion:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required for consideration, as well as background with English and History.
- A collaborative and exploratory approach to learning.
- A passion for English and History and a drive to share it with others.
- A capacity to try innovative approaches to help students learn.
- A heart filled with compassion, tolerance, and patience.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate student schedules.
- A disciplined approach to time management.
- An ability to appreciate the calm moments and manage the stressful ones through self-regulation and by keeping a positive outlook.
- A propensity to reserve judgement and to react and respond with curiosity and compassion.
- A willingness to be trained and prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level immediately.
Great to have but not required:
- A teaching certification.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits (Full-Time).
- 401 K Matching Contribution (All Employees Qualify).
- Paid Planning Time.
- Year-Long On-Boarding, Training, and Support.
- Leadership Opportunities.
- National Geographic Mobility.
- Advanced On-Going Professional Development.
- Wide Professional Resource Network.
- Gold Standard Learning Management System.
- Interactive, Fun Campus Community.
- Loads of Food and Goodies.
- In 2022 We are opening new campuses in California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Texas, and Tennessee.
Type: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or sex.