Southwest Houston area credit union is looking for a Teller to assist members and potential members with their credit union needs, explain services, set up new deposit accounts, respond to problems and direct members to appropriate personnel within the credit union.
- Assist members with opening and closing all types of deposit accounts offered by the credit union.
- Answer questions about products and services, and resolve problems.
- Receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments.
- Sell money orders, gift cards, season tickets, and traveler’s checks to members.
- Transfer money from member accounts as directed.
- Assist member with opening, closing and accessing safe deposit boxes in accordance with established procedures.
- Act as the member’s advocate in offering credit union products and services.
- Maintain member records as requested.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of each shift.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks such as handling mail, typing, filing, computer input, and answering the telephone.
- Process checks through branch capture accurately and with minimal errors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain a dependable record of attendance.