Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The national creative services team supports the Optum Care Delivery organization within the broader Optum marketing department. One of our responsibilities is to manage the digital asset management platform for all of our care delivery marketers nationwide.
In this role you would be responsible for creation and production of graphics, layout, and computer based artwork for assigned internal and / or external communications. May also assist in estimating production costs and overseeing work done by external vendors.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create materials/templates for a variety of project types: one-pagers, brochures, invitations, infographic posters, research reports, events, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to not only lead design projects, but also create new, innovative strategic solutions while ensuring brand guidelines are followed and visual communication standards are met — while still pushing the brand forward
- Work closely with clients to ensure final deliverable meets project’s goal by agreed deadline
- Work independently and autonomously while within a team environment and influencing individuals without a formal reporting structure
- Responsible for the build out of assets in the Marketing on Demand (MOD) platform utilizing the PTI Technologies/MarComm platform
- Responsible for creating final production ready files produced by the Optum Marketing Creative Services team (when needed) and coding said materials into MOD using FusionPro application
- Supports implementation of system updates and new feature integration
- Creates technical process and job documentation related to MOD for Technical Admin Team and internal & external users
- Utilizes the Optum Marketing project management tool (Workfront) to receive work requests and update work in progress
- Responsible for participation in production meetings with partners.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or above and/or design certificate from accredited program
- 5+ years of demonstrated design experience
- 3+ years of experience with variable data publishing technologies, graphics arts and typography, page layout, image management, fonts and various forms of print output involving PostScript and PDF workflows
- 3+ years of experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and database manipulation
- Knowledge and experience with HTML
- 1+ years of experience working with editable PDFs and dielines
- Proven ability to execute and/or collaborate on print, web (UX/UI/mobile), interactive (apps, touchscreens), presentations and video
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Experience in the health care industry
- Video capabilities
- Experience using FusionPro
- Basic level proficiency with PowerPoint
- Experience coding materials in an on-demand online ordering platform
Competencies for high performers:
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and prioritize workload within a fast-paced environment
- Possess high level sense of design, layout and typography, and a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions
- Expert knowledge in graphic production process
- Technical thinker who can apply coding principles to design processes
- Must be a team player and able to work across multi-functional teams
- Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills
- Passion to learn, innovate, inspire
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, digital graphic designer, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, Technical graphic designer