We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Tech Prof Leader-Technology – Electrical
Under broad direction, supervises engineers and/or other technical staff members. Provides technical guidance to the group consisting of analog/digital electronics, firmware, power electronics and electrical systems design engineers & technicians. Conducts goal setting and performance appraisals of personnel. Leads the team in executing various wireline projects and/or initiatives (e.g., standards, best practices, lessons learned). Utilizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments. Executes tactical action plans as set by department goals and objectives. Manage the development team to ensure delivery. Possesses thorough understanding of the electrical technology and broad understanding of wireline development tools. This person will have responsibility for identifying and filling technological and functional requirements. The technical leader will be also be capable of managing outside consultants in developing solutions and coordinate project design and milestone reviews. Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process. Understands and promotes HES's quality directives. Though this individual's focus will be technical leadership, he/she will perform development tasks maintaining their development expertise. Job role has budgetary accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Skills are typically acquired through a undergraduate degree in Electrical, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 8 years related experience or through 12 years of related experience.
- Responsible for Wireline Downhole Sensing team’s delivery on projects, ensuring timeliness, cost and quality while maintaining highest safety standards.
- Actively identify skill gaps, recruit & retain talent.
- Schedule regular Check-ins with team members and manage team’s performance. Lead team’s talent recognition, rewards and retention efforts.
- Assign resources to design/development projects and act as technical lead and facilitate in design decision making. Perform upfront design trade-offs and choose better design paths, utilizing broad knowledge of analog/digital/power electronics, electrical systems and firmware. Present outcome of the design trade-offs in design review meetings.
- Proactively engage with the design team and remove roadblocks, resolve issues & define priorities for the assigned team. Facilitate cross-functional coordination, as required for execution of the assigned project, by working with Sensor Physics & Mechanical disciplines.
- Participate in design reviews along with Chief Engineers and follow-up on action items. Ensure adherence to design process.
- Support Project Managers on their goals to complete Design Reviews, Stage Gate Reviews, monthly project reviews, and regular schedule projection and updates. Identify cost/schedule risks, propose and execute mitigations.
- Provide technical support for Manufacturing during pre-production builds, as well as for Sustaining Engineering .
- Promote innovation within team and ensure intellectual property protection by submission of invention disclosures by team members.
- Manage procurement/maintenance/calibration of test equipment and fixtures.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 107798
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position: