- Implement the special education program on the campus ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal laws
- Plan purposeful assignments and work cooperatively with administrators.
- Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Participate in staff development, staff meetings, and serve on staff committees as requested.
- Use appropriate measures to request needed materials and supplies.
- Assess the progress of students on a regular basis and provide reports as required.
- Assist, as needed, with ARD paperwork in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Carefully monitor the Individual Education Plan of each assigned student to ensure that he/she is receiving appropriate instruction in the least restrictive environment.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, agency policy, and administrative regulations
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. Develop reasonable rules for classroom behavior. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences. Implement an instructional, therapeutic, or skill development program for assigned students and show evidence of preparation as required.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular curricula as needed and assist special education students in regular classes.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of state and local curriculum goals. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)