CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing learning materials and providing activities outlined on the intervention plan and provide instructional support services under the direct supervision of a highly qualified teacher/leader (Title I, Section 1119 (g) (2).
- Provide instructional services to students under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
- Participates in the screening, observation, and documentation of progress of students through assessment tools identified by the campus or district.
- Assist with classroom management, such as by organizing instructional materials.
- Provide instructional assistance in a computer laboratory.
- Provide one-on-one tutoring if such tutoring is scheduled at a time when a student would not otherwise receive instruction from a teacher.
- Contribute to the collection and edit processes of the National School Lunch Program and attendance.
- Conduct parental involvement activities.
- Provide instructional support in a library or media center.
- Make home visits with the teacher as required or requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An Associate’s (or higher) degree, or have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (defined as completion of 48 semester hours or equivalent trimester hours). Experience teaching students in literacy or math can substitute for educational requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)