We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This position is responsible for the development and management of the technology systems and processes that fulfill the requirements of the global tax department. This position will serve as the champion of technology for Tax and serve the department as a business partner to drive efficiencies to create cost-effective solutions while staying up to date on trends and developments in tax technology.
- Own the relationship between technology and the Global Tax Department and collaborate to jointly develop, lead, and drive the vision for tax technology that will modernize and improve efficiencies for tax processes utilized in the global tax function
- Develop, implement, and maintain a strategic tax technology roadmap in conjunction with the Global Tax Department that will continue to modernize and improve efficiencies
- Collaborate with the Finance and IT departments to advance the technology agenda, building business cases and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Manage the successful completion of projects that not only meet the technical requirements but also provide results with a practical and business oriented approach
- Manage the Tax Technology systems and processes and drive a culture of constant improvement by identifying and implementing initiatives to increase business-wide effectiveness and end-to-end efficiency
- Coordinate with stakeholders to collectively examine and evaluate the purpose and content of tax reports to develop new, or improve existing report content and completeness
- Proactively gain product knowledge and update tax users with available new functionality
- Manage the Tax Technology professional services spend and technology resources budget
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years applicable experience in tax compliance, tax provision, or tax planning and/or Tax technology with demonstrated skills in related technology systems
- Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g., ERP implementations, tax co-sourcing engagements, finance transformations)
- Experience implementing third party direct or indirect systems or applications (such as ONESOURCE, CorpTax, Vertex, Robotic Process Automation, Alteryx, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) as well as Azure and Oracle database systems
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative self-starter with ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with multiple team members
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively problem-solve and a demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and proficient at communicating conclusions to leadership in a concise manner
- Strong organizational, time management, and business writing skills
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 123976
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.