Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a
Systems Engineer to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
Systems Engineer will:
- Support engineering project schedule with system requirements documents for a new Energy Conversion Systems project, In Sutu Resource Utilization.
- Responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining project requirements including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), End Item Specifications (EIS), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD) and Verification Success Criteria (VSC).
- Use requirements management and model-based systems engineering tools as necessary.
- Develop and support sub-project requirement and verification data packages to support architecture requirements, design, verification/validation, operations, and sustaining engineering.
- Conduct product life cycle reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR), coordinate integration, verification and validation activities.
- Monitor submitted documents and attend design reviews.
- Perform system engineering functions of projects and provide user input feedback during the design process.
- Review verification and validation reports to verify compliance with requirements.
- Work with team members to identify risks, to develop risk statements, and to help plan risk responses.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead and customer with status on progress and issues.
- Adapt to new design constraints, functions, and configurations as needed.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systems engineering and Integration (SE&I) processes, methodologies, tools and technologies such as model based systems engineering.
- Knowledge of test principles, tools, and processes needed to develop test requirements.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Prefer mechanical or aerospace engineering degree.
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents and verification plans (such as PTRS (Project Technical Requirements Specification) and Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD (Interface Control Document).
- Experience with the concept definition, design, verification, and testing of space systems.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering software products such as DOORs, Cradle, or MagicDraw.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language. Jacobs is a background screening drug-free workplace