Position Summary System Architect I - Software Engineer
ASSURSEC is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, customer-focused, and detail-oriented
Systems Architect I - Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. This position is to support the
process such as design and develop new Software products or major enhancements to the existing
Software. Additionally, the individual should possess exceptional communication skills necessary to
lead discussions with Agency contacts and communicate with audiences of varying technical expertise.
The individual must be able to demonstrate success in defining the architecture of
computerized/information systems (i.e., systems are composed of software and hardware) to fulfill
specific mission requirements. Includes the breakdown of the system into components, and the
component interactions and interfaces (within the intended environment, especially the user), also
includes the technologies and resources to be used throughout the design and implementation phases.
This position as ASSURSEC offers the ability, for the right individual, to provide consulting
support to our Federal Client through operations across Continental USA (CONUS). If you want to
learn, grow, and contribute, then this is the job for you. Ability to integrate into the enterprise
team environment and work with minimal supervision is essential.
Job Type: Full-Time
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, development, testing, debugging, enhancement, and maintenance of software applications and systems meeting complex customer requirements.
- Perform troubleshoot and resolve operational issues, maintain operational stability and
availability, recommend and implement improvements that enhance functionality, user
experience, and overarching system security.
- Work in a fast-paced operational environment and to communicate with audiences of varying
- Works independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Works as part of a development team in the design of highly complex
- Acts as technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and
- Responsible for project completion.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas
- Minimum five years proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer, or similar
- Experience working with software lifecycle development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall,
- Experience with programming languages such as C#, C++, and Java
- Experience developing SQL queries
- Knowledge of programming frameworks such as Git
- Experience using Object Oriented Analysis & Design
- Experience in embedded software development a plus
- Experience with Elastic Enterprise Search a plus
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, multitask, prioritize, and work in an interrupt-driven environment; be quality-driven, thorough, and
- Ability to get CompTIA Security+
- Bachelor's degree in IT/IS/Computer Science required
- Master's degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of Public Trust
WHO WE ARE:
ASSURSEC, LLC is a growing Information Technology and Management Consulting company that fosters a culture of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. We consistently build upon proven ideas and scalable solutions, no matter where they come from because we believe that how we achieve our goal is just as important as our customers' mission. Benefits offered include health, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave with certification training perks.