Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke's Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke's Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
$5,000 Crisis Sign-on Bonus for RNs
*The Crisis Sign-on Bonus for Nurses is for nurses hired into positions providing direct, bedside care and who start employment between February 22 - June 26, 2021.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Free Premium Membership to Care. com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
* Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
* Flexible spending accounts
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Matching Retirement Programs
* Wellness Programs
Additional benefits we offer to support our caregivers (in effect until June 30, 2021):
* PTO/Vacation maximum accrual waived for employees who are providing direct patient care and may not be able to take time off because of the COVID-19 crisis.
* Coverage of health care benefit premiums for eligible employees whose income drops below 90% of their pay (based on their FTE) and PTO/Vacation bank drops below 60 hours.
* Paid administrative leave support for employees who experience a work-related exposure to COVID-19.
* Access to EIB/Sick bank(s) and/or employer-paid short-term disability benefits due to non-work-related COVID-19 exposure.
* Rapid assistance with unemployment compensation administrative support where needed.
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring, and our families need protection. With our combined resources, we are committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community. This role will allow you to give back to our community and broaden your healthcare skills.
related skills: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, ADN, BSN, ACLS, NIH, Medical Surgical, Telemetry, EPIC, inpatient, hospital, acute care, clinic, hospital, compassion, patience, kindness, respect, #missioncritical
* Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma
* Bachelors in Nursing Preferred*
*Medical Center - "*Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) within 2 years from date of hire. Current employees grandfathered before July 2020."
* Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
* BLS with skills demonstration
* No certification required
* At least one (1) year of RN experience
* Demonstrated competence in Registered Nurse I performance expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.