At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for providing formal education programs to Memorial Hermann staff and management.
Education: Bachelors degree in related field or related area or the equivalent combination of educationand experience necessary to effectively instruct specified course
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least two (2) years Respiratory care training/instruction required
- Three (3) years experience in training/organizational development
- Advanced instructional design and platform skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides instruction according to defined course outline, utilizing principles of education appropriate to needs and age of the target population. Identifies follow-up needs of participants and facilitates meeting those needs.
- Identifies training opportunities and conducts in depth needs assessment/analysis.
- Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates education programs, interacting with staff to ensure needs are met.
- Serves as resource person in area(s) of expertise.
- Evaluates performance of course participants according to identified criteria.
- Develops marketing materials and effectively advertises training opportunities.
- Mentors less experienced staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.