Supervises the day to day activities of the Contract Service Compliance staff who are responsible for the preparation of departmental analysis and third part contractor compliance verification. Works directly with the Contract Compliance Administrator and the Manager of Transportation Programs to ensure purchased transportation services are delivered efficiently and effectively. Responsible for analyzing service information necessary for preparing contractor invoices and statistical reports. Conducts independent audits on contractors and assists Contract Service Compliance staff with their regular audits. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Provides primary managerial direction and performs personnel administrative functions of direct report staff (e.g. training, supervising, work assignments, timesheets, performance evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff and ensuring necessary department outcomes are achieved.
- Provides assistance to the Manager of Transportation Programs on the development of management reports to monitor and measure METROLift Operations and contractor performance.
- Responsible for the preparation of invoices and service reports for fixed route and demand response services.
- Familiarity with contract terms and conditions and operating policies of METRO and METROLift Contracted services.
- Researches and analyzes service quality events that transpire daily to ensure negative service issues are corrected and issues that affect METRO funding are reconciled.
- Advises CSCAs on the meaning and applicability of contract terms to assist with audit finding and calculating liquidated damages.
- Assigns work to CSCAs and rotates responsibilities to ensure the group meets cross training goals.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Transportation Programs and Contract Compliance Administrator to develop audit programs and revise existing audit plans. Actively participates in audit quality control procedures.
- Ensures CSCAs meet all deadlines for processing liquidated damages, driver files, trip verification, trip time comparison and on-site audits.
- Conducts regular meetings with CSCAs and contractors to dispute charges associated with liquidated damages.
- Analyze service data and reports to assess lost time and liquidated damages according to contract terms.
- Manages the deployment of radios and the connection of radios to Trapeze and network providers.
- Serves as backup in the absence of the Contract Service Compliance Administrator and works directly with the Transportation Manager.
- Provides excellent customer service to METRO internal and external customers.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High school or GED required. Additional related college courses accounting and/or business preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum five (5) years of experience in general accounting, statistics, contract audits and/or statistical data. Minimum two (2) years of lead/supervisory experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required
General knowledge of record keeping, statistics, trend analysis and general business practices. Good organizational and analytical skills with proficiency in math and typing skills. Exercise independent judgment and a commitment to providing superior customer service. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficient with PCs and related software to include Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate proficiently in Excel and Access. Must pass an intermediate Microsoft Office Excel test.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.