Energy Transfer is currently seeking a dynamic, personable, and professional Division Order Supervisor. The position reports to the Manager of Division Order, and will have responsibility for a team handling Division Order activities within a defined geographic area. In total, the Division Order organization has approximately 22 FTEs and performs the division order functions for the Partnership’s crude oil marketing lease acquisition activity. The position will be located the Company’s downtown Houston offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 4 to 8 analysts and coordinators, as well as, be a valuable member of the Division Order Management team.
- Develop, train, and evaluate personnel, including performance reviews and performance against goals.
- Analyze efficiency and performance and look for continuous improvement and assess the performance of the group against various measures to determine successful performance
- Review and approve the work done by the analysts so that all system changes are accurate and documented, following any related SOX processes and procedures
- Create informative and actionable reports that highlight trends and opportunities for improvement
- Create detailed business analysis and reporting tools, outline problems, identify opportunities and solutions
- Communicate the results of data analysis in written and verbal form for management
- Provide timely analysis to support business decisions
- Collaborate across business teams and leadership to develop reports that support the department
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes
- Work with management to deliver excellent customer service with our operators while balancing appropriate business risk to the company
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments including Marketing, Accounting, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Ensure that Company procedures and policies are understood and followed
- Review and analyze Division Order Title Opinions, prior purchaser’s pay sheets, deeds, leases, assignments, ratifications, various Land Agreements, curative documents, marketing arrangements and other documents to prepare division of interest spreadsheets, revenue decks and division orders
- Setup Ownership in order to ensure the timely and accurate payment of royalties in accordance with state statutes
- Process and research ownership changes and Division Orders pursuant to recorded conveyances, according to Real Property Law and business considerations
- Process all probate documents. Process intestate succession in accordance with the laws of descent and distribution, where applicable, and make the appropriate transfers from interest owners in order to maintain a correct division of interest
- Review title, request or investigate records for proper documentation and process all changes of interest ownership timely
- Must be able to handle a high volume of ownership setup/changes in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ownership changes must be made to ensure timely and accurate payment of royalties in accordance with State Statutes
- Requires ability to read and understand legal descriptions associated with properties in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and various other states
- Work with Legal and Commercial representatives to handle disputes and/or issues
- Work with appropriate groups to ensure setups in various systems reflect the new party due to an assignment/name change/merger
- Send required correspondence to owners to cure title and process return receipt of requirements
- Perform review and maintenance of suspense ledger by owner account. Assist other department personnel as needed to escheat owner accounts, as required by various state laws
- Research and respond to owner inquiries related to discrepancies in payments, interests, and settlements
- Forward documents timely for filing and scanning
- Calculate various interest types – working interest, net revenue interest, NPRI, overriding interest, etc.
- Review & discuss division order log on a monthly basis for completion of handling owner inquiries
- Research legal suspense items
- Communicate and disseminate data to foster and maintain goodwill through positive interaction with operators and royalty owners
- Maintain communication with internal departments to promote efficiencies through synergy of team efforts
- Work with legal/management to compile lease data relative to the preparation of legal documents and/or federal agreements in compliance with specific legal requests or governmental agencies
- Managing assigned geographic area(s) by coordinating the setup and maintenance of ownership records based on title information
- Assist internal personnel with various projects that arise from, or that involve, Division Order issues
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years Division Order or relevant land title related experience, independent decision making, and demonstrated advancement
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with a Division Order System
- SAP PRA, SAP Analytics Cloud Reporting, Business Objects, SQL and other reporting software strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint to create reports, pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong analytical thinking and facilitation skills
- Adept at queries and presenting findings to management
- Proven experience in analyzing data to extract business-relevant conclusions
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements to increase effectiveness
- Strong Knowledge of Real Property Law
- Strong Knowledge of the laws of descent and distribution
- Strong Knowledge of Federal and State Royalty requirements
- Detail oriented. Accuracy is paramount
- Ability to prioritize tasks assigned by multiple sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to adapt well to rapidly changing priorities and responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Division Order, legal and/or title experience
- Ability to ensure SOX compliancy with all tasks performed within the scope of division order related processes
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate information to (especially via email and phone) and work with all levels of the organization
- Organized, with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to work with minimal instruction
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be quick to pick up on new concepts
- Be flexible regarding workload and priorities
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.