NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is one of the largest utility consumers of natural gas in the United States. The economics of natural gas are critical to nearly every one of the company’s businesses. This position is part of the Gas Infrastructure team which is responsible for NextEra’s shale gas production and pipeline infrastructure.
This internship will provide mentoring and practical hands-on experience in a corporate setting. Interns will gain unprecedented access to interact with senior leadership from across the company and also gain experience in the following:
- M&A process and valuation methodologies
- Preparing budgets/ forecasts and variance analysis
- Understanding of the upstream, midstream and pipeline businesses
- Creating financial models to analyze and value potential investments
- Working in cross functional teams
- Conducting market research and benchmark analysis
- Preparing and presenting your analysis to leadership
- Provide financial analysis support for various M&A and greenfield projects
- Forecast monthly revenues and expenses for Gas Infrastructure businesses/assets
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations for Senior and Executive Management
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Comprehend, analyze, frame and resolve complex analytical problems
- Participate in ad hoc / special projects
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- High level of enthusiasm and a love for learning
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Intern
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Gas, Pipeline, Energy