BakerRipley provides an integrated holistic education system for families and their children ages six months through eighth grade. The Choices in Education division oversees the early childhood education programs and the BakerRipley Schools, including three community-based elementary schools, one middle school, and a "New Neighbor" school for refugee children - all of which reside within our community centers. Our holistic approach to educating the entire family allows us to create a stronger and more positive impact in the community. Both children and their parents gain access to education and broader community resources to prepare them for a successful degree and/or career.
1) JOB SUMMARY:
The Substitute Teacher ensures continuity in the absence of the classroom teacher or teacher assistant by ensuring a stimulating and motivating classroom environment to provide a high-quality, comprehensive, rigorous educational program for each assigned student.
2) CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of state and local curriculum goals. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, to communicate these objectives to the students.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, agency policy, and administrative regulations.
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- An associate, baccalaureate or advanced degree in early childhood education or;
- An associate degree in a field related to early childhood education and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education with experience teaching preschool-age children or;
- A baccalaureate or advanced degree in any field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education with experience teaching preschool-age children.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum one (1) year teaching experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CPR/First Aid certified
Intermediate skill in Word, Excel, Power Point.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
BakerRipley is committed to the principles of equal employment. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.