Requisition ID: 133319
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
• Gas-fired generation
• Power delivery
• Environmental retrofits
• Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Houston, TX.
- Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for project built drawings.
- Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
- Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university
- At least 3 years of experience performing engineering related duties
- Licensed Professional Engineer required
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position requires an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.