Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction, and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others.
The Strategic Account Executive manages ongoing client relationships and service delivery for an assigned book of business. Acts as the client centric, client facing resource for assigned clients. Represents clients internally as advocate and coordinates with other functional areas within the company to implement client benefits, complete projects, and address service needs. May work closely with sales on prospective clients and RFP responses. The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the up - selling of appropriate services to clients, renewal of existing contracts and retention of membership and client satisfaction.
Must be self - directed and able to work in a less structured environment. Candidate will be able to hold him / herself accountable. Can be a resource, coach, and teacher to others. Must be able to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements and identify solutions and company capabilities. Can translate concepts into practice. Able to work on complex problems and issues and provide innovative and effective solutions that support both the client and the company's goals and objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Management of book of business
- Secure renewal and upselling programs
- Manage ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for ten or more accounts
- Act as outward - facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts
- Build relationships with employer / group clients (not individual members) and partners with a UHG Client Relations Manager for overall and day-to-day service delivery
- Represent client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Client Relationship Management or Account Management
- Experience related to Healthcare
- Experience in Client facing presentation
- Experience in cross - selling / upselling products to customers
- Ability to travel up 25%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Project Management Experience / Certification
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- Ability to work in self-motivated environment with limited supervision
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism both with internal and external clients
- Solid oral and written communication
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Account Executive, Account Manager, Business Strategy, Client Management, Business Development, Business Consultant, Account Consultant, PBM, Pharmacy Benefits Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter