Ref ID: 04130-0011747646
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $50000.00 to $55000.00 yearly
An Oil and gas related services company is adding a Staff Accountant to their team. The Staff Accountant will have responsibility for billing, collections, and record payment entries as well as assisting the Accounting team with month-end consolidation. The Staff Accountant will need to be comfortable with all aspects of a back-office including entering accounting transactions in QuickBooks.
• Review and processes daily and monthly invoices.
• Customer portal entry upload invoices into customer portal and track payment status.
• Setup and maintain customer account. Review customer contracts and Work Orders to ensure billing rates, terms, and tax rates are accurate.
• Check daily mail and process physical check using check processing machine.
• Receive payments daily and post to customer accounts.
• Call and email customers for payment updates. Handle any issues that may arise to help facilitate payment in a timely manner.
• Working with customers to resolve billing issues and sending out invoices and statements weekly or as necessary.
• Run customer aging report Daily/Weekly and notify customer of past due invoice.
• Assist customers in finding a way to meet financial obligations without getting further behind.
• Place phones calls to customers to remind them of payments and account balances.
• Research payments received and provided payment histories as needed.
• Assist other departments with accounting related questions.
• Support and participate in the implementation of process improvements for the Accounting Department and the Company in accordance with best practice standards.
• Gather, maintain, and assist in the preparation of all necessary supporting documentation for the annual audit.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required
• International exposure (Canada a plus), multi-currency accounting and consolidations (a plus).
• Accounting or audit experience in a public or private company audited by external auditors (a plus).
• QuickBooks hands-on experience (a plus).
• Proficient in MS Office Suites (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
• Customer service oriented. Strong ability to interact professionally with others, demonstrating tactfulness and an overall positive attitude.
Compensation is up to 60K.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to karen.amoroso@roberthalf