Why take a Staff Accountant role with this company?
• Amazing office with great company culture!
• The position is open due to a recent promotion!
• Ability to work with upper management
Perks of the Staff Accountant role:
• Very visible role.
• Strong medical benefit package
• 8% match on 401K!
• Free Parking
What the Staff Accountant will do
• Record weekly, monthly and quarterly transactions in the general ledger including purchases, sales, dividend and interest income, gain/loss, foreign tax withholding and advisory fees
• Perform monthly close duties included but not limited to:
• Reconciliations of cash, interest, dividends, fair market value, and foreign taxes between custodial statements and the general ledger
• Perform monthly reconciliations
• Maintain accrued interest schedule for bonds
• Import offline fund transactions and valuations
• Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly securities reports for Management Committee and Investment Committee
• Prepare quarterly Board reports for marketable securities
• Prepare schedules and provide requests for several external audits including for profit and non-profit companies
• Assist in the preparation of budgeting and forecasting schedules for annual budget
• Maintain relations with custodians, request trades, and manage accounts
• Assist with requesting and confirming buy and sell orders with our custodians at the direction of the investment team
• Assist Accounting Manager with reporting and special requests as needed
What the Staff Accountant will need......
• BBA Accounting
• Two to Four years of accounting experience.
• Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty and personal integrity.
• Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to multi-task.