Sr. Software Developer
Position Type: Contract to Hire
Position Location: Houston, TX, (1 position can sit in Sugarland, TX or Dallas, TX)
Position Salary: $55/HR - $65/HR (Depending on Experience)
# of Positions: 2
- Program, test and document software components/programs/subsystems as assigned.
- Primary responsibility will be support of the Test Bed software that has been developed
- Assist in the integration of components/programs into the subsystem.
- Perform all levels of testing of components/programs/subsystems.
- Maintain systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects.
- Respond to and resolve support requests assigned by project leads or managers.
- Create user and system documentation.
- Assist in the connection of existing and new software products to create integrated solutions.
- Work closely with other staff, such as system architects, software engineers and software developers.
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project.
- Work under direction of engineers or system architects.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated areas of responsibility.
- You will be required to learn quickly with some supervision and demonstrate the necessary skills both through training and on-the-job experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years’ experience with C/C++, C#, Linux shell and Python programming
- OPC UA
- Implementing process control solutions
- Java experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
- experience working on international teams would be a plus
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.