PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To deliver all established Company goals and objectives for 45-75 stores in 4-6 regions by the management of sales and operations through an assigned Regional Sales Manager team. Based out of Houston or Dallas market.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Leads a Regional Sales Manager team in assigned regions to achieve ledger sales and profit goals by fostering a strong focus on operations and sales growth. Creates goals, measures and evaluates gross sales, expense control, and the operational accuracy and efficiency of the assigned Regional Sales Managers.
2. Represents the Company as a spokesperson for retail locations and the Company’s customers within the corporate environment to ensure the customer is considered in corporate decisions. Participates in establishing meaningful goals and policies pertaining to store operations and develops effective plans and programs to attain goals. Communicates and implements approved plans while ensuring understanding, involvement, and the commitment of the Regional Sales Manager team.
3. Coordinates with Regional Sales Managers to ensure that their assigned areas are sufficiently staffed with qualified and talented employees to meet work requirements and stay within budgeted payroll matrix guidelines through the use of all hiring and staffing tools. Holds accountable Regional Sales Managers to ensure that Store and Assistant Managers complete all management training and necessary follow-up takes place. Sets training and career advancement goals to establish bench strength to promote from within by investing in high promotable candidates.
4. Ensures that Regional Sales Managers and their assigned management teams are knowledgeable about all Company policies and procedures, monitors to ensure they are enforced at all times, supports management on any corrective discipline that arise, and handles employee relations issues with human resources, as appropriate or escalated.
5. Creates and presents monthly and yearly performance assessments for all Regional Sales Managers and approves performance assessments for Store Managers to ensure individual employee improvement and growth.
6. Ensures Regional Sales Managers inspect and enforce all Company merchandising and pricing standards such as showtime, plan-o-grams, line reviews, and price changes. Works with corporate partners to ensure that the supply and mix of product is acceptable, and shops competition and reviews industry trends for necessary changes in all of their retail stores.
7. Works with the Marketing department to fine tune marketing programs by providing feedback on the effectiveness of advertising and supports all Company-wide branding efforts in assigned regions.
8. Monitors compliance of all loss prevention and shrink control policies and procedures with the Regional Sales Managers. Holds team accountable to protect Company assets by monitoring store cash handling practices on a regular basis, enforces strict adherence by performing audits for compliance and presenting disciplinary actions where necessary and actively participating in investigations as appropriate.
9. Monitors compliance of stores to expense and sales budgets and takes appropriate action to correct deviations as needed.
10. Holds team accountable for top down communication from the Senior Vice-President Retail Stores to the front line Associates. Attends all scheduled corporate meetings and schedules and conducts related region meetings with the Regional Sales Managers in their assigned regions.
11. Works with the Senior Vice-President of Retail and Senior Vice-President of Facilities in determining appropriate sites within the Region for new stores. Through the Regional Sales Manager Team, ensures that assigned new stores are opened in with corporate partners within the designated timeframe, staffed with top quality management, and all associates receive necessary training prior to opening with follow-up training as needed.
12. Drives the Parts and Service program financial results through the Regional Sales Manager Team who determines staffing needs for each operating Service Center within their Region, works with store management to ensure operational standards are met, and ensures that unit flow through is appropriately controlled. Monitors each operating Service Center for profitability and determines a course of action if there are issues to address.
13. Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, management, or other appropriate field.
• At least 5 years of related work experience in multi – store retail management.
• Knowledge of retail merchandising, light industrial products, hydraulics and other Company products.
• Ability to provide effective planning to facilitate growth and profit objectives.
• Experience with budgets, forecasting and profit and loss statements required.
• Ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
• Must exhibit strong leadership and sound decision making qualities.
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
• Ability to maintain high quality standards with limited supervision.
• Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
• Sets a personal example of integrity and ethical practice.
• Strong Microsoft Office expertise with an emphasis on Excel.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Ability to travel on a monthly basis to locations for the duration of 1-5 days at a time, up to 50% of time. Must be flexible as dates and times will be determined by business need.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct Supervision of:
4 - 7 Regional Sales Managers
Indirect Supervision of:
45 - 75 Retail Stores