We are looking for a Sr Project Accountant to join our stellar team. The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years of Oil & Gas property accounting experience with domestic on-shore operators as well as knowledge of Oil & Gas systems, specifically Excalibur and SAP. Additionally, excellent fundamental accounting skills, including hands on experience with general ledger reconciliations and experience with depletion rate calculations and impairment analysis. If hired, you will be assisting the regional project controllers in all aspects of property accounting for multiple Upstream projects in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. If you're a problem solver, love contrubuting to continuous process improvement initiaves the this is the role for you! Come join our successful team today!
- Responsible for all property accounting processes for a portfolio of projects with investments in Upstream oil and gas assets
- Monthly accounting close, including review or preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Oversee several aspects of the Upstream property accounting SOX review, design and effectiveness
- Prepare and review timely and accurate management reports and support external reporting requirements (e.g., 10K, 10Q, etc.)
- Work closely with other accounting personnel, business managers, operations, reservoir engineering, and the corporate financial reporting team to ensure the proper accounting, consolidation and reporting of all assigned projects
- Prepare and review monthly accrual vs. actual variance analysis for capex and operating expenses
- Support internal and external audit requests for assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Master’s- Accounting / Finance
- 5 years of Oil & Gas accounting experience with a focus on Property / Fixed assets, Impairment analysis and Depletion calculations.
- Excellent fundamental accounting skills; hands on experience with general ledger reconciliations
- Knowledge of Oil & Gas Systems specifically Excalibur or Bolo, SAP PRA and SAP Financial
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and interact effectively with others in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Problem solving and analytical thinking as necessary to accomplish accounting objectives
Employees in this job take the lead role in special projects, including researching, analyzing and reporting on issues that affect the company, making recommendations for solutions, and following through to resolution.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares financial reports that are in compliance with GAAP, in a timely manner, to accurately reflect the financial status of the company
• Maintains a good understanding of, and applies, GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices and procedures
• Assures accounting integrity of corporate financial data through the implementation of appropriate internal controls
• Prepares schedules and journal entries
• Provides guidance and direction to other team members
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
• Experience: 5+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: Houston, Texas
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Houston