Position Title: Senior Product Designer - Digital (P4)
Crown Castle is the nation's largest provider of shared communications infrastructure: towers, small cells, and fiber. It all works together to meet unprecedented demand-connecting people and communities and transforming the way we do business. Whenever you make a call, track a workout or stream music and videos, we're the ones providing the communications infrastructure that makes it all possible. From 5G and the internet of things to drones, autonomous vehicles and AR/VR, we enable the technologies that help people stay safe, connected, and ready for the future. Crown Castle is publicly traded on the S&P 500, and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the US, with an enterprise value of ~$100B.
We offer a total benefits package and professional growth development for teammates in any stage of their career. Along with caring for our teammates, we're an active member in the communities where we live, work, and do business. We have a responsibility to give back, which we do through our Connected by Good program. Giving back allows us to improve public spaces where people connect, promote public safety and advance access to education and technology.
The Data & Digital team at Crown Castle is expanding its internal design team to meet the transformational needs of our business by providing innovative microservice and event-based solutions, utilizing open-source technologies in the cloud, to deliver critical data, geo-spatial, and logistic capabilities to our customers.
The Sr. Product Designer will become an integral part of the Product Design Team focusing on digital products that support our line of business. This position requires a passionate and creative Product Designer to transform the user experience of Crown Castle's web and mobile apps. As a designer you will translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences. Facilitate the customer's product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
While most of your time will be spent as an individual contributor to our product teams, we also expect the Sr. Product Designer to be a key contributor in helping to evangelize the benefits of our design practice across the organization and to help mentor the less experienced designers on our team.
* Design user experiences that are intuitive, elegant, and beautiful, while satisfying user needs and meeting business requirements using data gathered from UX research
* Deliver wireframes, customer journey maps, mockups, prototypes, design specifications and style guides optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
* Support teams in user research and testing, design thinking methodologies, and practice
* Create and improve design solutions for web and mobile applications that are based on user research and user centered design technique
* Design innovative, best-in-class omnichannel experiences
* Be an advocate for interaction design best practices with a focus on consistency and usability
* Clear understanding of accessibility (contrast, font size, color, touch etc.) to achieve AA and AAA levels
* Identify design problems and devise solutions
* Collaborating with product team and developers to build, update and modernize product user interfaces
* Incorporates user feedback, measure interaction, and leverage user driven data to improve and enhance total customer experience
* Clearly articulate and defend your design decisions in front of teams and customers
* Discover the voice of the customer (obtained via user data, a/b tests, interviews, surveys) throughout the project cycle; continually test, measure, and improve
* Empathize with a diverse range of user personas across conflicting use-cases and technical proficiencies
* Actively contributing to stand-ups, playbacks, reviews and presenting design to all level of stakeholders
* Ability to work independently, managing schedules in dynamic, multi-project environment
* As a member of the Product Design Team, you will work with other practitioners to develop and promote shared understanding of our user's goals, tasks, and workflows
* Maintain a comprehensive design library of reusable components in collaboration with front-end engineers
* Organize a style guide with templates and approved interface components such as interactive, visual, and copy elements
* Participate in design reviews to maintain consistency across multiple applications and guarantee adherence to requirements and standards
* Evangelize and champion the benefits of design practice and its importance across the organization
* Mentor and coach other designers on need basis
* Champion of user-centered design and user-research methodologies
* Passionate about developing simple, clean, elegant user experiences for the enterprise customer
* Creative and strategic thinker who can implement cohesive and inclusive designs
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with product and development teams to understand the problem domain and design solutions that meet user needs
* Ability to effectively communicate design decisions to stakeholders through research & empathetic analysis
* Effectively partner with many different roles and people in a professional manner
* Excellent communication, time-management and process-management skills
* Keen problem-solving and organizational abilities are necessary among other soft skills
* Creativity, passion and attention to detail are also keys to success in this role
* Work with the team to guide and grow the design practice at Crown Castle
* Bachelor's degree in Design or Fine Arts or Computer Science, or other related discipline or equivalent work experience required
* 8+ years of UX design experience with an exposure in designing complex solutions for complete digital products and services
* Hands-on role with a solid background in the conceptualizing, designing, and creating first-class product experiences for the product's consumers
* Experience in user-centered design with hands-on experience throughout the process, from user research, uncovering clear problem definition to developing prototypes and collaborating on implementation
* Experience with design, wireframe and/or prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD and more), Figma, Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalents
* Experience working in, and evangelizing, user research, strategy, design, and/or usability
* Experience designing Omnichannel and multichannel customer experiences
* Experience designing responsive web applications and/or mobile applications
* Approach design problems with a "mobile first" mentality when appropriate
* Understanding of design systems and modern UI trends
* Hands on knowledge on Interaction Design, Experience Design, UI Design, Design Thinking, Content Strategy and Accessibility design
* Experience working in an agile development team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to balance multiple priorities, potentially across products, maintaining acute attention to details
* A portfolio that conveys strong aesthetic and UX/UI sensibility, with a breadth and depth of modern Web and native mobile app examples
* Able to leverage experience to help the design team improve their skills and improve our design practice
* Prefer to have prior experience building a product design practice or active contribution is as an added advantage
Reports to: Product Director
Working Conditions: This is a remote role with the expectation of on-site/in-person collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter and may require 25% travel.
Additional Information: Crown Castle has a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy in place requiring vaccination by your employment start date, unless approved for an accommodation or otherwise prohibited by law.