Administers the Organization Development and Training technology infrastructure and organization-wide learning programs. Works with all levels of management to identify, implement and sustain rapidly changing industry and evolving learning programs. Collaborates with department leaders to establish best practices and evaluate METRO’s online training and development needs. Oversees and administers online learning platform and curriculum. Assists the Director Training and Organization Development in team initiatives and projects that align with the organization’s vision and strategy. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Designs, and implements comprehensive training programs to meet current and future workforce needs including leadership, management/supervisory and professional development courses.
- Manage projects from needs analysis through design and implementation, such as implementing Agency-wide learning management tool and performance management process.
- Maintains integrity and quality of programs developed; evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of programs and instructors and ensures programs support and align with METRO’s overall business strategy and needs.
- Researches, selects, procures and oversees outside consultants/companies to provide training, technical support and other services as needed.
- Maximizes current Leaning Management System (LMS) or implements new technology to create an easily accessible self-service learning platform that better connects employees with learning opportunities.
- Designs and develops learning materials for a variety of delivery modalities (eLearning, instructor-led, virtual classroom).
- Works with managers and supervisors to analyze training opportunities and implement learning that will gain desired performance results.
- Creates and maintain processes to streamline the tracking of all training/certification related data in the LMS and leverage system reports/dashboards to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Conducts periodic needs assessment and focus groups to ensure Organization Development technologies are meeting METRO’s needs.
- Develops and maintains LMS administration documentation and end-user training.
- Manages and recommends system configurations that simplify the end-user experience.
- Develop and manage new hire orientation/onboarding program.
- Organizes and facilitates system testing, change management and training as needed.
- Coordinates and directs the Summer Intern Programs.
- Organizes and manages sponsored learning and development programs for Interns.
- Administers tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees.
- Monitors department budget and manage/process department invoices and create shopping carts.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Training and Development, Organization Development or Human Resources Development. Master’s degree preferred.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in training and organization development or related disciplines, including learning technologies and learning management systems. Experience to include development and delivery of training programs. Experience in training programs across different platforms: classroom, CBT/WBT, on-line and self-paced training. Experience managing internal client relationships at all employee levels including external consultants/contractors and management and executive leadership.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of adult learning principles, training and development theories and intervention techniques. Current knowledge of learning technology and learning management systems. Strong interpersonal and organization skills and excellent facilitation skills. Good understanding of real-life training practices and familiarity with competency-based employee development models. Strong project management capabilities and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. Strong proficiency with PC and related software; Microsoft Office suite. Training and/or HR certifications preferred.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.