SUMMARY: A local Houston Managed Service Provider serving small to mid size organizations providing systems and network support is seeking an experienced Network Engineer with proficiency working with Fortinet's Fortigate for a full time role. In this role you will work in the organizations offices as well as provide on-site support to Houston and surrounding area clients.
We need an engineer who knows their way around all of the most common and popular networking technologies, as well as some of the ones that have been around for a while. We want someone who has cut their networking teeth for at least 5 years in the industry trenches, having developed strong technical aptitudes. You must be a powerful communicator who works well under pressure.
- Manage networking for a medium scale multi-tenant environment,
primarily focusing on Fortigate infrastructure with multiple VDOMs.
- Perform security analysis and provide remediation suggestions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- Establish and maintain IPSec VPN tunnels.
- Perform network modeling, analysis (current & predictive), and planning to ensure network designs will meet or exceed client requirements now and into the future.
- Design proactive network and computer security measures.
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Communicate with customers and sales staff to determine and accurately scope customer needs.
- Create detailed network design diagrams and scope of work documents.
- Communicate with system users to ensure networks are setup properly, or to diagnose and solve operational problems.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment with the professional services implementation teams, and perform network implementation and remediation projects.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Secure network systems by enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
- Support and manage administration of remote router and firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Report network operational status.
- Apply configurations to routing and switching equipment.
- Apply configuration of hosted IP (Internet Protocol) voice services.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Oversee system maintenance of network/internet/intranet hardware.
- Assist in configuration and installation of all network peripherals.