Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE\:BHGE) is the worlds first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000 employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Senior Manager Program Management Office supports the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure IT programs & projects meet organization goals and requirements. This role is critical to the translation of BHGE strategy into measureable business results and will be supporting the PMO Director in ensuring that IT initiatives are aligned with business strategy and meet stakeholder expectations.
In the role Senior Manager Program Management, you will\:
- Develop and implement PMO processes, tools, reports and policies
- Develop a robust and flexible set of project/program management methodologies (Waterfall & Agile)
- Develop Portfolio management processes to prioritize programs and projects based on strategic objectives, changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies
- Ensure program standards can be widely adopted and delivered through training, including work procedures, quality objectives, best practices, lessons learned, and metrics for assessing progress
- Assess the project delivery capabilities of the organization and create / conduct standardized PMO related training and communication as necessary
- Foster a healthy culture around PMO processes
- Ensure that projects abide by all defined standards as well as all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Help drive the PMO organization as a center of excellence, viewed by the organization as a valuable team for defining the project/program management process, standards, deliverables and operational cadence
- Track and monitor project statuses, quality, metrics, issues and milestone with escalation as required
- Create and distribute reporting and key performance indicators that provide clear status of project and portfolio health
- Define the approach for continuous improvement including tools, project KPIs, training, communication, operating rhythms and review cycles
- Develop resource capacity planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Conducts project reviews as needed and facilitates gate reviews
- Coach and mentor project managers and project team members
Bachelors Degree from accredited college or university
Minimum 5 years of experience at a senior level in a PMO function
Certified Project Management - PMI or equivalent
Travel 10% of the time, as required
Work out of an office located in Houston, Texas
Minimum 10 years of experience at a senior level in a PMO function
Certified in Portfolio Management (Preferred)
Certified in Program Management (Preferred)
Certified in Agile Methodologies (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Project Management Systems (Clarity, HP PPM, MS EPM, etc.)
- Proven track record of managing complex, highly technical projects across functions and business lines
- Experience with agile, lean and waterfall methodologies
- Well-developed leadership, management and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and motivate others in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Ability to balance structure and flexibility, with a fearlessness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively align and influence the organization around common goals and objectives
Strong executive presence and experience dealing with senior business leaders, including presenting to executive leadership
- Demonstrated understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development programs, practices, and methods
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
- Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
- Commitment, Perseverance, Passion!
- Houston, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more