Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Sr IT Enterprise Applications Software Quality Engineer to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Katy, TX.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Sr IT Enterprise Applications Software Quality Engineer
Work Location: Katy, TX
Education/Experience Required: Minimum 7 years of experience testing Warehouse Management Systems(WMS) IBMi(AS/400)
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Leading teams and the project management aspect of the testing phase for software development projects
- Work with the end users, technical team, and functional team to define and implement best practice QA processes, practices, and toolsets across the department
- Lead Quality Engineering and functional/development teams to create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality
- Constantly evaluate the software engineering process and make process improvements to keep up with evolving business needs
- Train and mentor peers in order to provide a consistent software quality engineering experience
- Identify any potential quality issues and recommend solutions to minimize risk
- Review functional specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements
- Design, build and execute automated tests to validate applications and Web applications using Selenium/UFT as needed
- Create test plans and improve test automation strategies
- Actively seek to improve configuration and testing methodology
- Analyze business requirements and define Automation Test Scope
- Work with Functional/Business Analysts and QA to create and automate test cases
- Identify regression testing needs, and create and maintain an Automated Regression Suite
- Update and Maintain automated test scenarios based on new changes
- Properly judge test outcomes to determine pass/fail status. Identify and track defects as test failures occur, narrowing the root cause to enable efficient investigation
- Participate in QA and cross-team process improvement initiatives
- Collect and analyze large amounts of data acquired during automation testing
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional Team Members
- Assist with executing non-functional testing in terms of performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems
- Develop a thorough understanding of policies, procedures and safety rules
- Responsibilities may change; Team Members may be required to perform other tasks as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 7 years of experience testing Warehouse Management Systems(WMS) IBMi(AS/400)
- Minimum 7 years of Retail industry domain experience.
- Strong experience Familiarity with AS400 Query Tool and Working knowledge of SQL
- Minimum 7 years of hands on experience with HPQC/ALM & Jira/Zyhper
- Demonstrated Experience in Software Quality Assurance Manual & automation development
- Minimum 4 years of experience in testing distributed applications, Commercial ERP systems like Oracle Retail and/or web applications
- Demonstrated experience in System Integration Testing, End to End Software Testing, Report Testing, Interface Testing, Regression testing, Functional testing, Third Party Integration Testing, Experience with testing Oracle Retail ERP modules
- Strong background with creating test Strategy, Test cases, Defect management and Test closure report
- Working Experience in setting up Automation Testing Framework.
- Write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically
- Maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment -- multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Ability to acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments (technology, product and process)
- Experience with measuring quality and reporting on testing status.
- Knowledge of QA concepts and development principles (e.g. Functional, Integration, Regression, Unit Test)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic skills with the ability to use key tools to dive deep and provide analysis consistently on performance metrics
- Strong Microsoft Office program experience, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Paladin Consulting is an EEOC employer.