LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The IT Senior Administrative Assistant reports to the Enterprise Architecture Development Manager for Governance and will work closely with the IT directors and their managers to provide administrative and analytical services. This role will also coordinate and take on the superuser role for the IT Onboarding process utilizing SAP, SuccessFactors, and ServiceNow. A critical aspect of this role will be to maintain confidentiality with all daily activities and assignments with the ability to handle a variety of and multiple tasks supporting a large size organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to IT Directors and their managers including:
- Supports managing calendar and general day-to-day administrative responsibilities
- Coordination of domestic and international travel arrangements, preparing / submission of expense reports
- Coordination of training and registration for large training services
- Coordinate and on occasion, provide onsite administrative support for internal meetings, including food service (10 or more people).
- Provide office supplies as needed, maintain P-Card and expense report reconciliations
- Contact for building security and onboarding administrator for IT contractors and employees
- Collaborate with admins and facilities to secure workspace assignments
- Work with other assistants / analysts including but not limited to providing back up support as needed
- Information resource focal point for the group and team distribution list owner
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather associated data to assist the Manager with timely financial reporting process - as time permits
- Investigate and resolve disputes for payments working with LYB Accounts Payable on unpaid work (i.e., parked and blocked invoices)
- Gather data needed from SAP, Ariba and other sources to assist in the trouble shooting of issues
- This is an intermediate level position requiring either a degreed professional who possesses a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business with a minimum of six (6) years relevant experience, or a non-degreed professional with ten (10) plus years relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience with administration, accounting, IT vendor management, procurement, or project coordination related experience
- Experience with SAP procurement processes required
- Experience and understanding of IT disciplines, standards and best practices
Area of Expertise, Requirements
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- General knowledge of administrative and accounting processes
- Experience with SAP; some knowledge of Procurement, HR, and Accounting-related SAP modules
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision in a dynamic environment
- Consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and manage work time efficiently
- Advanced interpersonal skills and proven customer service experience mandatory
- Experience in working in an IT department a plus
- Experience with providing administrative services to leader a plus
- Some working knowledge of Ariba software, preferred but not required
- Additional language to English, preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston