You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And weve broken several records along the way.
Were excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, theres never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, theres a path for you here. And theres no barrier to your potential career success.
Summary:Oversee the standardization, implementation, and configuration of a standard Construction Management system (CMS) / Project Information Management Systems (PIMS) for the management of all Construction Projects. He/she will be responsible for automating manual process and integrating disparate data from segregated systems to improve overall project execution and performance. This role is responsible to support multiple projects across all lines of business and offices across the globe. In addition to Construction Management systems, this position will be responsible for working with the Global Construction Management functions in CM projects (EPCM, PMCM, CM, etc).
This includes Contractor Management in the field including:
- Contract Management (Pre-Award, Milestone Tracking, Contracts, POs)
- Change Management (Potential COs, CO Requests, Claims, Backcharges, Issues, etc).
- Document Control (RFI, Submittals, Drawings, Drawing Packages, FIWPs, etc)
- Field Administration (AWP, NCRs, Contract Correspondence Memorandums, etc.)
- Automation & Integrations (SPM, ERM, JPI, ConstructSim, SmartConstruction, SmartCompletions, P6, FLA, JMMS, Ecosys, Aveva Endeavor, GFS, etc.)
- Mobility & Dashboarding (incl. Prolog Mobile, Bentley Navigator, iPad Administration, and Dashboarding)
- Oversee the standardization, implementation, and configuration of our standard Construction Management systems (CMS) / Project Information Management Systems (PIMS) for the management of all Construction Projects.
- He/she will be responsible for automating manual process and integrating disparate data from segregated systems to improve overall project execution and performance.
- This role is responsible to support multiple projects across all lines of business and offices across the globe.
- In addition to Construction Management, the systems director will be responsible of support all Construction Management functions in CM projects (EPCM, PMCM, CM, etc).
- Design and implement the Constructions Systems with the direction of the Global Project Delivery Function, Strategy and Development organisation to support the project delivery
- Identify, source and recruit the critical talent required to deliver on the Systems, Strategy and Development operating model
- Develop the construction systems to support a standardised delivery operation
- Maintain systems Roadmaps in alignment with Global Project Delivery Function, Construction.
- Define and execute the initiatives required to achieve efficiency, effectiveness, and innovation objectives through the GID
- Maintain vendor relationships from a technical perspective to deliver the latest capability and drive strategic vendor development.
- Work with the global project delivery function, Construction to delivery fit for purpose systems solutions to maximise efficiency of project execution work processes.
- Develop and maintain user/support groups to provide a forum for power users, administrators and designers within the GID and Locations to communicate with each other and receive updates on latest developments.
- Coordinate in-house education, promotion and awareness programs for project staff and business unit managers in line with the Global Project Delivery Function, Construction.
- Manage the delivery of the construction management systems to support a standardised delivery operation
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the construction management systems by standardising, consolidating and systemising the project delivery processes across the global business
- Develop and maintain marketing materials describing Worley Parsons design capability for input to tenders, client presentations, etc.
- Provide presentations to Projects and Customers demonstrating our construction management systems capabilities in alignment with Global Project Delivery Function, Construction
- Provide input into documentation for ITB's, project bids and tenders
- Optimise Worley service delivery through the standardisation and reuse of data and business intelligence
- Minimise the volume of re-work through the development of improved data management and knowledge exchange protocols
- Create sustainable competitive advantage by leading and influencing the development of new industry standards, processes, and delivery technologies together with the Global Project Delivery Function, Construction.
- Identify new initiatives, programs and operational technology (OT) systems to drive strategic business goals and enterprise vision
- Create and leverage cross-discipline communities to foster innovation
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of the Engineering / Procurement / Construction (EPC) information lifecycle.
- Broad working knowledge of all related Information Management disciplines including engineering design systems, data and document management systems, project systems (estimating, project controls, procurement, construction, commissioning systems) and information technology with specific expertise in one or more of these disciplines.
- A strong understanding of construction management suite of tools, including database technologies, data presentation, project data lifecycles and project data domains is required.
- Proven experience in understanding the user experience and change management relating in application setup and support of Construction projects
- Proven experience in interfacing with IT stakeholders to consider / inform strategic planning and business alignment
- Thought leadership, initiative, drive and high energy levels including proven problem solving experience in challenging environments
Industry Specific Experience:
- 15 years experience in the use of computer based design tools for the EPC business. Has held senior construction management positions, and be very familiar with the establishment and support of computer-based construction management systems.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with a preferred degree Engineering, Construction Management and at least 15 years experience in the use of computer-based design tools.
- Ability to comply with, promote and provide leadership in HSE policy and OneWay framework
- Achieve the objectives of the Zero-Harm vision through proactively implementing actions and/or corrective or mitigating actions, and by maintaining an overall knowledge and awareness of the work-place environment (operations, layout, hazards, risks, concurrent activities, personnel, etc.)
- Role-model a commitment to personal well-being and a pro-active approach to continuously improving health, safety and environmental performance
- Must have intermediate knowledge of network, Database and hardware requirements for EDM systems. Microsoft Server, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Citrix, SharePoint, Mobile technologies, etc.
- Have strong skills with PC hardware, Windows OS, MS Office, and be able to operate in a networked environment
- Knowledge in ITIL process preferred
- Team player. Demonstrated leadership capability. Strong coordination skills. Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership in project execution
Flexible Working Arrangements:
- Global time zone coverage
- Position could be executed in preferably in Houston or Baton Rouge
- Full-time role
- Remote working flexible
- Travel 20%
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.