LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The HR Consultant will have responsibility for the HR partnership role supporting business units at the La Porte site. This position will support all levels of leadership focusing on various Human Resources areas such as employee retention, talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, onboarding programs, and general HR policies and procedures.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Provides HR support in the achievement of client's business goals and objectives providing strategic partnership/ advisement with internal client leadership at all levels.
* Develops employee retention initiatives in partnership with client groups; evaluate retention drivers and turnover statistics; work with management team to develop retention plans and oversee execution of those plans.
* Acts as a trusted advisor to management ensuring the establishment of sound management practices, aligned with HR policy procedure and practices, and consistent decision making processes across the lines of business.
* Proactively identify business and HR objectives/expectations that will benefit client leaders - manage to completion.
* Leads the improvement of quality and delivery of HR processes and data requests with zero defects.
* Partners with leaders in the development and implementation of organizational structure changes including identifying impact and assisting in the communication as needed.
* Provides counsel to client leaders in order to proactively anticipate and address complex HR issues impacting the business.
* Coordinates and lead talent management discussions with assigned business leaders. Partners with the business unit to identify opportunities for staff development and assist managers on creating development plans.
* Partners with the business unit and Talent Acquisition to obtain skilled talent. Participates in project teams in client organization, providing guidance and support as appropriate.
* Bachelor's degree with a preference in Business Administration or Human Resources Management.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in Human Resources with increasing levels of responsibility.
* Exempt-level human resources experience in manufacturing or operations in a related industry.
Areas of Expertise
* The ability to work with all levels of employees from front line employees to senior management.
* Ability to drive change; challenge the status quo; and take specific actions to facilitate change.
* Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills. Strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal.
* Proficiency working independently in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
PHR or SPHR certification
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrityAttracts top talentCommunicates effectively
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston