Ref ID: 04040-0012074866
Classification: Sr. Financial Analyst
Compensation: $100000.00 to $125000.00 yearly
We are working with an international company in the Galleria area that is adding a Risk Manager to their team. This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced and rewarding environment. here's a breakdown of the focus areas they are looking for:
• Accountable for providing deep understanding of risk controls through the delivery of value-added analysis and reporting.
• Work with traders/ops/finance to book trades and estimate the risks associated with the transactions before and after deal execution based on market and internal information
• Coordinate the creation of valuation methodologies for physical exposures for use in daily mark-to-market (MTM) valuation in daily PL leveraging experience in physical market and communication with traders. For options book utilize options theory for valuation/position/P& L reporting.
• Economics and valuation of products based on the technical specifications and blending operations by understanding chemical compositions
• Coordinate month end reported profit/loss process with accounting group to ensure valuation methodologies conform to international accounting standards (IAS).
• Maintain an organized book structure and execute hedges for the physical and derivative trades in a high pressure environment where small mistakes can lead to large losses
• Manage physical and paper trading positions and develop enhanced reports when necessary. Create and develop processes to support trading activity and identify position gaps.
• Generate P& L ensuring the relevance of MTM methodology, report relevant issues to the trading team, investigate unexplained PL resulting from system entry issues, incorrect MTM, physical logistics occurrences requiring strong quantitative and problem solving skills
• Work closely with finance, front office, and compliance department to ensure the desk is following internal/external regulations
• Assist risk management department in project initiatives using technical expertise in excel and other internal systems. Must innovate to create/improve processes that add value to the business
• Daily review of VaR and performing analyses of product/price correlations using statistical methods
• Foreign language skills appreciated and used often for certain businesses