Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Senior Director, Human Resources to join our team!
The Senior Director, Employee Relations & Talent Acquisition role is responsible for setting strategic direction on managing general Human Resources, Labor and Employee Relations issues throughout the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Support, lead and manage a team of HR Managers. Will need to inspire, assess, reward, grow, develop and coach direct reports.
- Leads Labor Relations initiatives including building labor strategies, overseeing execution and creating a positive atmosphere necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Develops our leaders to enable them to make proactive decisions that deliver results and supports the organizations mission and vision. Works with direct reports to ensure that this is occurring at a high level with consistency across locations, geographies and business units (promote One Buckeye culture).
- Keeps current on legal environment and labor law updates and educates company management and employees as appropriate. Ensures that the HR team and line management are in compliance with DOT Drug and Alcohol testing while providing appropriate training and resources. Leads compliance efforts regarding Affirmative Action and EEO reporting.
- Consults with management on highly sensitive and complex employee relations matters and policies including employee investigations, employee counseling, discipline and terminations.
- Provides leadership and becomes an integral team member within the HR department and the BU’s. Builds HR Manager and Talent Acquisition team into a recognized high performing unit.
- Leads team to ensure appropriate training and developmental resources. Effectively matches developmental needs to growth experiences and opportunities. Helps team flawlessly execute Performance Management, Performance Management for People and Training & Development initiatives.
- Assists with developing, leading and driving Diversity and Inclusion initiatives for the organization including diversity hiring and career growth strategies and execution.
- Works closely with Corporate Development, Legal and other departments on due diligence for all potential acquisitions or divestitures. Responsible for ensuring thorough and appropriate assimilation plans are in place for acquisitions and joint ventures.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
- MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years direct management experience.
- 10+ years of HR experience along with a strong generalist background (policy development, compensation, benefits, etc.).
- Experience in strategic labor relations and management.
- Up to 40% travel
Certificates & Licenses:
- Graduate degree in HR/Labor is preferred.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Strong organizational leader. High intellectual skills, emotionally mature and inspirational.
- Demonstrated successful track record in change management and leading organizational processes, particularly in transition.
- In order to be successful in this position, one must have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Very strong organization skills are essential as well as highly established analytical and problem-solving skills.
- One must have excellent presentation skills and be able to appropriately and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- In this position, it is critical for the incumbent to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- One should have strong leadership skills with a personal commitment to integrity, teamwork, achievement of departmental and business results and a strong “customer” (i.e., employee) focus.
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm