Senior Electrical Designer
System One is seeking a Senior Electrical Designer to support an electrical engineering team designing power generation plants and other industrial plants including but not limited to gas fired, coal fired power plants or oil & gas and petrochemicals. Senior Electrical Designer will prepare engineering drawing and schematic of varies electrical systems and components. This position is in Houston, TX.
Senior Electrical Designer Responsibilities
- Prepare sketches of ideas, detailed drawings, illustrations, or blueprints, using drafting instruments, or computer-aided design equipment.
- Design and develop a complete set of electrical construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CAD skills with the ability to work in and reference 3D models.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Perform a complete design check of lower-level designers, by project assignment, to assure applicable code standards, design standards, accuracy, spelling and design completeness.
- Review manufacturers drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences.
- Communicate with the project electrical engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Supervises and directs other designers and drafters during the development of project design tasks.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides technical support for client inquiries. Demonstrate the ability to develop material specifications, requisitions for purchase. Creates complex contractor scopes of work and provides unassisted field management.
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed in completion of assigned tasks
Senior Electrical Designer Requirements
- Associates Degree with adequate drafting courses.
- Must have 12+ years of experience working as an Electrical designer.
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of grounding, lighting and power design, cable tray, duct bank layouts and grounding design.
- Extensive knowledge of NEC code and electrical industry standards.2D and 3D CAD experience required.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation experience
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with experience. May be required to travel to plant sites.
System One maintains a drug-free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.