LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
LyondellBasell has embarked upon a strategic digital transformation journey, to provide value focused and scalable digital and advanced analytics solutions across LyondellBasell's enterprise. Through working closely with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, business domain experts, and IT, the Sr. Data Scientist will have the opportunity to provide significant tangible business value through developing and deploying scalable Advanced Analytics capabilities on high value problems. This requires a team of innovative, energetic, productive, and humble individuals who demonstrate LyondellBasell's core values in the application of Data Science and Advanced Analytics on each project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Place emphasis on delivering value through advanced analytics solutions, through excellent problem solving, development, and implementation of scalable data science solutions
- Work collaboratively with business SMEs (Process Engineers, Automation Engineers, Reliability Engineers, other business domain experts) in creating advanced data science solutions on high impact problems
- Algorithm and ML solution deployment and maintenance for chemical manufacturing domains including predictive maintenance, reliability, preventing downtime, industrial automation and optimization, demand forecasting, and improving health and safety
- Leverage statistical analysis, mathematical modeling, pattern recognition, and ML and deep learning frameworks to deliver advanced analytics projects
- Leverage advanced technologies and code development standards to deliver scalable production solutions
- Network internally and externally to build relationships that foster technology transfer and collaboration
- Assist with the promotion of digital transformation, training and development of other Data Scientists, Citizen Data Scientists, and other peers throughout the organization
- MS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computational Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field (PhD strongly preferred)
- 4+ years professional hands on technical experience developing and implementing Data Science solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive a project, and work both independently and in a team
- High level of enthusiasm and a love of data and software development
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, including strong mathematical, statistical, and technical knowledge and skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Applied Machine Learning experience (Regression, Time Series, Probabilistic modeling, Supervised Classification, and Unsupervised Learning)
- Strong experience with modern ML and Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Keras
- Strong experience with modern ML and Data Science libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, NLTK, Seaborn, Dplyr
- Excellent understanding of ML techniques & algorithms, such as ANNs, SVM, GBM, Decision Forests, Clustering algorithms
- Experience with Deep Learning architectures such as Autoencoders, CNNs, RNNs, GANs
- Specialty skills in large scale computing, cluster computing, and cloud computing (Azure preferably)
- Experience with GPU technology, Git, and software development testing frameworks
- Specialized experience in various Data Science domains, such as Predictive Maintenance, Forecasting, Real Time streaming analytics, Image Analysis leveraging deep learning methodologies, and optimization
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data and technologies
- PhD strongly preferred
- 6+ years professional hands on technical experience developing and implementing Data Science solutions
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jupyter Notebooks, or VS Code
- Experience with Linux, MapReduce, NVIDIA data science development stacks, and CUDA programming
- Proficiency in Real Time historian data, SQL, NoSQL, and NewSQL database technologies
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston