Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Sr Financial Analyst / Associate Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst or Associate to be a part of Sunnova’s corporate development function by playing a key role in Sunnova’s growth and corporate capitalization as well as working on special projects for senior leadership
Sr Financial Analyst / Associate Responsibilities
- Performs company, competitor, and industry specific research and analyzes data to identify market trends, track competitive landscape, and screen growth opportunities
- Assists cross-functional teams in the assessment, due diligence, negotiation, and integration of potential transactions (mergers, acquisitions and/or investments)
- Performs the financial modeling and analysis on corporate capital raises (high-yield bonds, convertible debt, preferred equity, and common equity) as well as communicating with rating agencies when appropriate
- Reconciles, consolidates and maintains long-term forecasting models that are benchmarked against detailed models maintained by the treasury and FP&A functions
- Creates and presents strategic data analysis, insights, and other information to senior leadership
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the company’s strategy and business model, including a detailed understanding of the sources and uses of cashflow and the interplay of the company’s GAAP financials
- Identifies, cultivates, and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data in the external market as well as from within the organization in completing tasks and other responsibilities
- Develops and maintains relationships with individuals and key stakeholders across the company to ensure open lines of communication and assistance for data and insights when evaluating strategic opportunities
- Contributes to the development of presentations and information packets that are presented to the company’s ELT and Board of Directors as well as other senior leadership members
- Assists and works on various Investor Relations, FP&A, Treasury, and Capital Markets projects
- Responsible for various financial reporting deliverables
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related education
- 2-4+ years of work experience in investment banking, consulting, “Big 4” transaction services or in a corporate development role
- Experienced in reviewing or analyzing financial statements and financial models
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with utilizing and building reports within SalesForce
- Experience with financial consolidation and planning systems, or ability to quickly learn and master such systems
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivator and able to consistently deliver results under strict time constraints
- High attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Results-oriented; proactive; possesses a high level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills including communicating at various levels of organization, including to senior leadership
- Ability to learn quickly, adjust to change and ambiguity
- Openness to coaching and mentoring, and curiosity to broaden exposure to various areas of finance rather than be a specialist
- Open-office environment
- 5-15% estimated travel time
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.