Our client in Northwest Houston is looking for a Sr. Accountant to join the team on a direct hire basis, paying up to $79k DOE!
This is a hands-on, challenging and detail-oriented role, working closely with the US Controller, Accounting Managers, internal and external auditors, and other personnel at all levels. The Sr. Accountant will be primarily responsible for analytical support and compliance with SOX controls for the Canada business. The candidate must have the ability to multi-task under a deadline-oriented environment. Prefer a candidate with a background working in a fast-paced business environment. The position involves data-intensive analyses, projects, and reconciliations. Candidate must have a solid understanding of financial statements and the bigger picture.
- Accounting Lead for the Canadian business.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves journal entries during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close under strict deadlines.
- Conducts ongoing reviews of the trial balance and provides balance sheet fluctuation explanations.
- Completes and approves HFM webforms for assigned GL accounts.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for Canada intercompany accounts and approves other Canada balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists GL Accounting Manager with internal and external audit requests for US and Canada
- Assists with year-end data requests made by corporate Tax.
- Assists with SOX schedules preparation and coordinates the Canada presentation for quarterly financial review meetings with Sr. Management.
- Partners with functional leaders within and outside of Accounting, to maintain and improve accounting processes, and initiate and/or lead projects as required.
- Ensures compliance with Accounting Controls Manual and other internal policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of four (4) years of overall accounting experience displaying career progression
- Public accounting audit experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process improvement mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or parts passed
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA
- SOX compliance experience
- Oil & gas industry knowledge
- Information Systems skills (i.e. ERP; Blackline; IBM Cognos; SmartView)
Send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.