Ref ID: 04130-0011640335
Classification: Sr. Accountant
Compensation: $70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
A restaurant group located near the Galleria is adding a Senior Accountant to their team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for coordinating and directing day-to-day accounting functions, including general ledger, fixed asset, and cost accounting.
• Review journal entries and check for reasonableness and accuracy.
• Perform Inventory adjustment calculations after receiving the inventory from locations.
• Lead the month end close process and offers assistance and council as needed to Staff Accountants.
• Participate in all monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statement consolidation activities.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, including as applicable balance sheet, income statement, equity rollforward and statement of cash flow, for review and use by internal management.
• Prepare and/or review balance sheet reconciliations in an account reconciliation system to ensure that the Company's financial records are accurate and supported.
• Participate in quarterly and interim review activities and year-end audit activities by external and internal auditors as they relate to corporate accounting and consolidation activities.
• Perform moderately complex analysis and prepare account reconciliations in support of the financial statements.
• Review Alcohol tax reports and Sales tax reports for the State of Texas and provide final reports to the Controller
• Accrue property taxes and make sure all tax statements are processed at year end.
• Assist with reporting and valuation data needed to support valuation contesting.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and research issues as they arise. Reclass items as necessary.
• Perform weekly bank reconciliations.
• Assist with any accounting related questions, including Daily Sales Reports and P&L inquiries.
• Track fixed assets from purchase to disposition. Calculate depreciation monthly.
• Review prepaid accounts to make sure items are valid.
• Provide any necessary reporting associated with loan closures or investors.
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s in accounting and 5 years in Accounting, including knowledge of General Ledger, Month End Processes, GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting. Advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes (procure to pay, order to cash, record to report, capital asset accounting,etc.) and Excel is required.
Compensation is up to 80K.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]