Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Material Balance Specialist role will work in cooperation with and in support of the Manager of Measurement & Material Balance and the Supervisor of Measurement & Material Balance. The position interfaces with Engineering, Operations, Scheduling, Laboratory, and Field Measurement personnel. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing daily balancing functions for assigned assets.
- Certifying that measurement information is complete and correct throughout the month for assigned assets.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of material balance activities for assigned assets.
- Understanding and maintaining the material balances for assigned assets.
- Interacting with external and internal customers and making decisions based on those interactions.
- Working as part of a team to research and investigate material balance issues for assigned assets.
- Performing monthly closing duties during the first seven business days of the month, such as:
- Completing the entry of all measurement data,
- Editing measurement data where necessary,
- Analyzing & resolving any outstanding material balance issues on a segment & system level,
- Reviewing & verifying Field Measurement reports (i.e. meter test reports, equipment change reports)
- Issuing balancing reports in a timely manner.
- Keeping supervisor informed of any unresolved issues throughout the month.
- Cross-training on other Material Balance Specialists' job duties.