Spec II, Healthcare Solutions
Job ID: 2020-17194
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Responsible for contributing to the Company's strategic objectives of revenue growth, market leadership and quality customer service through the sale of Aesculap products to targeted accounts, and the development of new customers in assigned territory. Aids in exceeding established territory and regional sales objectives.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Calls on customers and prospects; provides technical, education, marketing and administrative product information and demonstrations; quotes appropriate customer prices. Particular focus on large / medium potential accounts and other contracted accounts, spending approximately 80% of work time meeting with them - usually in a healthcare facility.
- Responds to customer needs, influences customer decision making criteria, resolves problems in accordance with Company policy, and acts as liaison between customer and Marketing, Surgical Business Unit, Customer Service, and Credit departments at Aesculap.
- Work in partnership with the Surgical Asset Consultant as well as other SBA team members to ensure a coordinated approach to project/customer.
- Remains informed of new products and other general information of interest to customers; monitors and gathers information on competitive activity.
- Develops relationships with appropriate personnel within target accounts.
- Maintains CRM account records and reports activities and submits as required by the Company.
- Manages and submits sales expenses in accordance with budget and company policy.
- Monitors and gathers information on competitor activity.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Effectively manages personal sample inventory and ensure Setworld product is returned per company policy.
- Attends training sessions as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Maintain credentialing within assigned accounts.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual.
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport. Requires excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- B.A./B.S. required; preferrably in business/marketing or biological/physiological sciences
- At minimum two years of previous sales experience, preferably in the healthcare or business to business setting.
- Account management skills, which include problem solving, customer relations, and budgeting activities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.