ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Integrate software in a distributed architecture.
- Develop design documentation that communicates design concepts at multiple levels (technical and non-technical stakeholders).
- Work with various spacecraft system designers across multiple technical domains to develop data required for vehicle control.
- Analyze completeness of software, data, and control system development.
- Create Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and Interface Design Documents (IDDs).
- Develop and analyze hazard documents, fault trees, and fault impacts.
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration and coordination skills.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience. OR…….
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science and four (4) years of progressive experience, or Ph.D. degree in a computer of system science discipline.
- Experience working as part of an Integrated Product Team to develop and test high criticality software.
- Experienced developing software requirements specifications.
- Model-based design experience (MagicDraw experience preferred).
- Software integration experience.
- Significant software lifecycle experience.
- Excellent communicator, particularly written communication and visual diagram creation.
- Capable of understanding and explaining complex software control systems.
- Comfortable with 'details' as well as 'big picture'.
- Experience with SFMEA (Safety Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) or similar fault effects analysis processes.
- C/C++ coding in a Linux environment.
- Experience with web-based collaboration tools.
- Agile software development.
- Self-motivated quick learner.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Autonomous/automated systems design experience for large-scale or critical applications.
- Component-based and data-driven software design/development experience.
- NASA Gateway Spacecraft systems and software including the Core Flight System (CFS) software infrastructure.
- Highly autonomous systems.
- Scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with: - Confluence
- MS Teams
- SharepointSafety and flight critical software development.
- NASA software and systems development standard.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.