LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Reporting to the Global Enterprise Architect, as a Solutions Architect you are responsible for collaborating with various LYB Record to Report areas to architect sustainable solutions to meet business and customer needs. You are an expert on the product, lean on existing processes and find solutions for any gaps. Your communication skills are one of your best qualities and find yourself seamlessly communicating with team members and functional teams. Solutions should be in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. This includes designing and developing technical specifications for both high-level and low level application and data integration patterns and styles.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drives the solutioning for large complex projects, collaborating with other Solutions Architects and business area teams to build detailed technical design and specification documents, to meet business needs for large complex projects, considering capabilities, risks, system dependencies
- Liaise with peers to ensure support, adherence to standards and consistency in solution designs
- Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking to help the technical delivery team through the project lifecycle
- Create conceptual architecture views, collect and document architecture significant decisions and architecture key constraints
- Analyze architecture alternatives and provide recommendations on best options, considering input from the development teams
- Make sure that provided solutions meet overall non-functional requirements (supportability, performance, security, availability, scalability, manageability, usability, and such)
- High-level code review in integration development to ensure the design and best practices have been followed
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, meet business expectations, influence outcomes and maintain stated timelines
- Mentor developers to grow skills in LYB' best practices and standards
- Work with the DevOps teams to help define CI/CD pipelines and automation to streamline deployments minimizing the impact in ongoing operations
- Keep up to date on industry architectural standards and trends
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 10 years of hands on experience in application solution architectures, integration patterns and best practices
- Minimum 5 years' experience on platforms like SAP and other R2R related platforms.
- Non-functional requirements gathering and solutioning experience
- Ability to develop successful relationships with external and internal partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) / Agile development / DevOps
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues
- Strong self-leadership and ability to work independently and manage conflict
- Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work and preparing thorough, accurate and detailed schedule estimates
- Experience working in a team lead capacity
- Experience designing/building APIs
- Experience with OneStream platform
- API management configuration and best practices
- Hands-on experience or certification in TOGAF a plus
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston