Software Engineering JG3 - Solution Delivery Advisor
Solution Delivery Advisor (SD Advisor)
Shell Power Digital Core (PDC)
Power Digital Core
The Shell Power Digital Core (PDC) organization is leading Shell’s efforts to design, develop, deliver, and maintain a global energy management platform that unlocks value across Shell’s Power business. Shell PDC aims to enable Shell’s efforts to harness the potential in its vast fleet of customers, energy assets, and power trading capabilities to deliver value across the energy industry value chain.
The Shell PDC organization is a nimble, cross-functional, deeply technical, and passionate group that embodies the speed and agility of a startup while embracing the scale of one of the largest companies in the world. Achieving a balance between agility and global scale provides unique opportunities, and Shell PDC borrows from best-in-class product development, continuous delivery, and commercialization approaches while adapting them to Shell’s unique global scale.
Shell PDC is empowered to coordinate and align Shell’s energy management platform objectives, strategies, and execution approaches across the company, as well as to design, deliver and maintain a mission critical component of Shell’s ability to deliver differentiated products, offerings, and capabilities across its expanding global footprint.
Solution Delivery Advisor works with clients in their adoption of the PDC, from initial discovery to successful operation and value realization. SD Advisor is a thought partner, a solution architect, and a technical mentor for PDC clients. SD Advisor works closely with clients to define their strategy in taking advantage of differentiating information technology capabilities available through PDC.
The SD Advisor brings solution architecture, implementation guidance, and best practices to planning and implementing the migration to PDC. The SD Advisor is technically accomplished, organized, personable, and driven, going deep into the technical intricacies, and coordinating technical project deliverables across PDC, ITSO and other teams.
SD Advisor is a primary contributor to practice development initiatives to create a repeatable and scalable service delivery operation. These initiatives evolve based on operational maturity of the team and may include driving or participating in efforts related to building client roadmaps through the PDC technical capabilities, bundling of PDC offerings, creation of communication and education materials, and working with Product Managers and Engineering teams to build supportability and adoption into the products.
You are the right person for this role if you are passionate about client success, knowledgeable with solution architecture and cloud technologies, collaborative, diplomatic and creative in figuring out ways to get things done. SD Advisor works under the guidance of the Solution Advisory Lead, partnering on all aspects of client delivery and practice development. Specific responsibilities include:
- Introduce clients to PDC technical capabilities through demos, presentations, blog posts, etc.
- Together with PM and client team, determine scope and success of each project
- Define solution architecture and project plan for each client engagement
- Serve as a primary technical advisor and hands on mentor to the client technical team
- Serve as a client advocate and source of client knowledge to the internal team
- Supervise all aspects of technical project implementation
- Turn project artifacts into reusable materials to help future clients and build a scalable service delivery operation.
- Conduct regular meetings with the client team to discuss issues or upcoming milestones.
- Conduct regular meetings with the client team to provide roadmaps both from the client and to the client.
Business Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Professional and responsive
- Diplomatic and consultative demeanor
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Leads through influence, partnering with globally distributed, cross-functional teams
- Thrives in team-oriented culture, working alongside different perspectives to get things done
- Effective negotiator and creative problem solver who can build consensus and drive results
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Empathetic to the needs of customers and internal engineering/architecture teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- You feel equally comfortable in the land of enterprise architecture and in the depths of code
- Expertise with agile product development lifecycle, testing and integration approaches and tools
- Strong understanding and assessment capability of existing and new cloud and data technologies
- Data modeling, design, and business intelligence expertise
- Deep current technical proficiency with applications architecture, frameworks, and enterprise solutions delivery
- Understanding of modern cloud hyperscale ecosystems (AWS, Azure, etc.) and infrastructure deployments (i.e., Kubernetes, CI/CD, etc.)
- Understanding of the modern data platforms (data lakes, data virtualization, SQL/NoSQL dB, BI)
- Experience with
- Software development with microservices
- Application migration to the cloud
- Data migration, data engineering, data architecture
- Proficiency in Software engineering, with experience executing cloud-native projects
- Professional services, consulting, or sales engineering/solution architecture experience
- Industry domain expertise in Energy Trading and Retail or related (preferable)
- At least 8 years of technical project leadership experience