STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
About Us: Changing lives, one position at a time.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years' experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Houston, TX.
Duration: 6-month contract
***W2 ONLY/NO CTC***
- Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems. Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
- Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project. Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
Minimum Education / Experience:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback. Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required. 8-10 years experience required.
- Application Development
- Good experience in C# language and .NET Core, .NET Standard or .NET Framework technologies.
- Cloud programming within Azure (Azure functions and its extensions (Durable functions), Azure Data Factory, etc). Understanding Microservice based architecture.
- Experience in writing Unit Tests.
- Experience in Code quality analysis tools and performing corrective measures when detected to improve on code quality.
- Experience using Visual Studio 2017 2019 or Visual Studio Code IDE.
- Experience with GIT repositories.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum practices. Understands the role of stories in capturing PO requirements, development of tasks needed to meet these goals and working with the team in prioritizing stories for execution.
- Good understanding of Azure resources and the infrastructure provisioning / function deployment using of CI/CD pipelines. Knowledge of ansible will be a plus.
- Orchestrating build, deploy, testing and code quality checks using ADO CI/CD pipelines
TO APPLY: Please email your resume in Word Format to Chris Aguilar at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and Reference Job Order #: 173758 or Click the Apply Button.
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is an international, woman-owned, over $300 million IT and business services corporation based in Detroit. S3 provides staff augmentation, direct hire recruiting, workforce programs, and outsourced solutions with global industry expertise in energy/utility, healthcare services, insurance, communications, and financial services. It has over 3,600 direct consultants in 49 out of 50 states in the U.S. and 15 countries including Europe and the Americas.
- With a composite average annual growth rate of 19%, S3 is fiscally sound and debt free.
- S3 has had $3.3 Billion in sales since its inception with $1.2 billion of those sales occurring in the last 5 years.
- S3 is ranked as the sixth largest diversity staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) and 16th among the largest IT staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Report.
- It is the only company that is a certified Charter Partner to SIA.
- With 59% of its 3,600 team members claiming veteran, military spouse, or military dependent status, S3 has been designated as a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly employer since 2014.
- S3 is a certified women-owned business enterprise (WBE) and an active member of WBENC.
- S3 is ranked among the top 25 woman-owned businesses in the nation by Women's Enterprise USA Magazine.
- S3 has given more than $2 million through sponsorships and donations every year since 2011.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer