ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Perform systems engineering for integrated software control system.
- Lead design and development of the Control Data system and data model.
- Develop integrated SysML models & descriptions of timeline interfaces.
- Analyze and document data needs.
- Develop architecture and design artifacts.
- Design software interfaces and developing Interface Control Documents (ICDs).
- Chair the Control Data Integration Working Group (CDIWG).
- Collaborate with domestic and international Gateway partners.
- Interface with NASA and spacecraft designer engineering teams.
- Develop detailed knowledge of overall Gateway and individual spacecraft module designs through design evolution.
- Work in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, collaboration and coordination skills.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience. OR….
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of progressive, relevant experience, or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) years of progressive experience. Requires demonstrated technical expertise in engineering systems design and analysis.
- Strong software systems engineering experience, including experience with SysML.
- Experience defining interfaces between software applications including developing ICDs.
- Experience developing integrated data models for applications.
- Experience developing various software architecture and design artifacts.
- Experience with data driven software systems.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Autonomous or remotely controlled systems (e.g., used in satellites, autonomous cars, or unmanned aerial vehicles).
- Avionics and flight software development for human-rated space vehicles, e.g., Space Shuttle, International Space Station, Commercial Crew Vehicles, or Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
Experience with one or more of the following:
- Power balancing control algorithms.
- Assume-Guarantee Contracts.
- Strong evidence of success in highly collaborative projects/environments.
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
- Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment.
- Possess strong technical expertise combined with verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
- Must have highly developed coordination and organization skills.
- Excellent communicator, particularly written communication and visual diagram creation.
- C/C++ coding in a Linux environment.
- Scripting languages such as Python.
- Agile software development.
- NASA Gateway Spacecraft systems and software including the Core Flight System (CFS) software infrastructure.
- NASA software and systems development standards.
- Experience with: - Confluence
- MS Teams
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule