· The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work.
· A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
· Modify existing databases and database management systems.
· Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
· Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project