Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
A talented software engineer is needed on Raytheon’s EED-2 (EOSDIS Evolution and Development) team which supports NASA in its mission to provide scientists and other users access to data from NASA’s Earth science missions. As a member of the EED-2 team, engineers build innovative tools allowing scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of Earth science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. Specifically, this opening is for a software engineer on the Earthdata / Earthdata Login team. This team works with NASA to evolve and maintain several applications including urs.earthdata.nasa.gov/ and https://earthdata.nasa.gov. The Earthdata / Earthdata Login team is a high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
- Participate in the requirements gathering, design, development, automated testing and operations of multiple applications.
- Provide input to aid in the continual improvement of the products, team and development processes.
- Comply with various project standards and requirements of the company as well as the customer and legal requirements of (SEC-508).
- Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged whenever possible.
- 5-7 years of full life cycle software design and development experience on large/complex n-tier client/server applications.
- 3-5 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in a development team using an Agile methodology (preferably Scrum or SAFe).
- Energetic, self-motivated, team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with oAuth2
- Experience with DevOps including doing automated testing and deployments in a CI/CD pipeline (Bamboo preferred)
- Experience with Clojure
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration).
- Experience with scripting on a Linux OS