At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform activities relating to designing, building, testing, implementing and maintaining software, solutions, products and processes under the guidance of a Sr. Engineer, Scrum Master, Project Manager or Manager. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. May assist in the coordination of tasks for subordinates. Independence level: Works under general supervision. � The role will be centered on the development and improvement of new and existing features. Additionally, you will participate in peer code reviews, advocate for standard development methodologies, and participate in an inclusive, energetic and highly cross-functional team. The role encompasses design, implementation, and testing to ensure building products right and release them with high quality.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Analyze, improve, design, develop, test, deploy and maintain both new and existing solutions that meet established business requirements, in accordance with IT development standards. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development. Solutions may include but are not limited to the development of various types of applications, web, mobile app, full stack or integrations hosted on premises data centers or in the cloud. Develop automated Unit tests and/or automated UI tests. (45%)
- Engage with business and IT partners to ensure business needs are satisfied with practical, efficient and cost-effective solutions. Writes product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components. (25%)
- Collaborate with other project teams or IT partners to coordinate delivery of solutions and minimize technology risk (10%)
- Actively engage with development team lead on progress, status and issues pertaining to assigned deliverables (10%)
- Enhance knowledge of and compliance with preferred technologies, methodologies, standards and policies. Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function. Strong debugging and problem-solving skills; participate in peer code reviews. (5%)
- Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT. (5%)
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge of technology and its application across our business areas or for our customers
- Promote knowledge via seminars, presentations and publications within IT and Exelon
- Participate in technological innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems
- Requires moderate skill set and proficiency in discipline. Conducts work assignments of increasing complexity, under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Strong knowledge of web services and API development (WSDL Soap, Restful)
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor's degree (ex: Computer Science or related discipline) and 2 - 5 years of relevant experience (programming technologies) or minimum 6 - 9 years of relevant combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrates strong software development capabilities coupled with the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills with self-motivation to achieve success in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal).
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems - Windows, Solaris or Linux; or strong knowledge of cloud platforms � Azure, Amazon or Google
- Strong knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases - Oracle, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, MySQL, Redis, Splunk
- Strong understanding of advanced programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
- Experience with security principles – Authentication, Authorization, OAUTH, SAML, Encryption etc
- Prior experience developing software requirements, designing conceptual data models & system architecture, and user interfaces, is a major plus
- Experience with Agile software development and test-driven development
- Experience in automated testing including unit testing, UI testing and functional testing
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes good software design, a deeper understanding of programming languages, and an ability to solve engineering problems of increasing difficulty. Shows initiative beyond pure implementation.
- Experience building highly scalable applications
- Experience working with SCRUM, Kanban or other Agile development environments
- Self-motivated to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor