Software Development Engineer
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Software Development Engineer for a contract to hire position in Sugar Land, TX.
* Build and maintain client's proprietary Print & Communication management system built on a mixed technology stack; JAVA, .Net, GMC Inspire (Quadiant), MS SQL, etc.
* Participate in Sprint planning sessions
* Collaborate with the Product team to define and document systems requirement
* Evaluate, plan, design, develop and execute automated tests for new applications, products or enhancements to existing applications
* 5+ years of hands-on experience working with document composition engines Quadient - Inspire R14+ (Previously known as GMC PrintNet)
* 5+ years' experience with multiple print description languages (PDL) like AFP, PS, PCL, Metacode and PDF
* 3+ years of hands-on experience working with JAVA, .NET PL/SQL and SSIS or other ETL tools (Talend, Pentahoe, Pervasive, etc).
* Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology.
* Working understanding of Security and Compliance standards related to the HealthCare and Financial Services Industry is preferred; HIPAA, PCI & NIST.
* Experience with multiple data-interchange/structuring formats like JSON and XML is required
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience with developing "White Box Test cases.
* Experience with multiple OS like Windows, Unix and Linux
* Basic understanding of inserters an barcoding schemes
* Exposure to responsible design for delivery of documents to multiple channels (Print, SMS, eMail, Tablets, Smart Phones and desktops.
* Exposure to 508 compliance is a plus
* Experience with workflow tools like RPD
* Experience in Banking, Public Utilities, Healthcare or Financial Print
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!
- provided by Dice