Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is currently seeking Software Developer Co-ops to join our Houston team. You will be provided with support and guidance in order to apply theories and principles of computer science and engineering. Day to day you will have the opportunity to create, test, and evaluate software applications and systems. You will Implement, test, and debug software to conform to requirements and design, as well as create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers. You will be invited to make suggestions for problem solutions and software enhancements, and you will work with technical staff to learn and understand problems with software. Please note that this role is remote working.
- Develop and maintain software for use in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Perform design, code, and test of software based upon requirements.
- Support the creation of documentation and training material.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, or other engineering degree program, in an accredited 4-year college or university, and graduating with a degree in one of these programs in less than two years.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Some working experience in software development, including complex school projects.