Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wholesale Commercial Real Estate (WCRE) operates throughout the United States, as well as Canada and the United Kingdom, to deliver a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing.
Multifamily Capital (MFC) is a leading nationwide Fannie Mae DUS, Freddie Mac CME/Program Plus and FHA/GNMA Lender. MFC provides a full array of financing products for conventional and affordable apartments, student properties, manufactured housing communities, senior housing, skilled nursing facilities and hospitals. In addition, MFC feeds its permanent pipeline with strategic balance sheet loans and partners with CLI and GIB to originate Direct Purchase ('DP') Bond transactions.
The FHA Senior Underwriter is responsible for all facets of underwriting FHA multifamily and healthcare transactions.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the work performed by analysts and processors
- Final responsibility for third party reports and application packages submitted to FHA
- Underwriters' narratives
- Providing support to the closing team as needed
- Providing support to originators as needed to assist in generating FHA insured business
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to all applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of commercial underwriting experience
- Advanced commercial real estate industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of underwriting all commercial real estate property types
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of risk return judgment/discipline in the deployment of capital
- Leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to identify customer needs and obstacles and take the necessary steps to problem solve
- Extensive technical writing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- FHA MAP Underwriter Certification with demonstrated successful closing of MAP transactions
- FHA LEAN Underwriter Certification with demonstrated successful closing of LEAN transactions
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.